Friday, June 13, 2014

Anthropologie Inspired Girl's Bedroom


Happy Friday Friends! 

As you know, we are in the middle of a big move into another rental. 

This one's a bit different though. 
Our family will be providing respite care to a foster community for the next year or so. 
We are headed into one of the biggest adventures, as a family, we've had in a while and we've got a lot of things to be excited about in this new life of ours! 

I am excited about all the things that will come as a result of giving of ourselves in a new way and how I know it will transform the dynamics and hearts of each of us. 

I am, of course, also excited about transforming our temporary house into a home. 
Actually, excited doesn't even begin to describe the feeling I have. 
Probably more like giddy. Yes, sooo giddy. 

We have some pretty strict rules in this new space about  what we can and can't do to alter it. 
No new paint or trim colors. 
No additional builds to flooring changes. 

So, I am deciding to add as much texture and color as humanly possible. Okay, maybe not as humanly possibly but for me, as you all know, any color is a stretch. 

I've promised our daughter Kendall that we would give her the room she has wanted for over three years now and since we're moving, it's a great time to do that. 

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw the inspiration for our boys' room and I will continue to brainstorm that one but this one came so easy I just had to go with it. 

Since the flooring can't be changed I thought adding lots of texture with pillows and rugs would add a bit of brightness and movement in the space. The walls are a neutral, pale yellow and the the carpeting is a lighter shade of brown. Not a lot to work with there but we are going to make it work! 

 I think I will coin this portion of our new season my "Design Adventure". It's going to take some creativity and RE-envisioning to pull it all together but I'm ready for the challenge. 

And as my signature, I will add some vintage and antique decor pieces here and there and a salvaged wood memo board above the desk with a gold, gilded mirror and some nick nacks...oh, this is going to be fun! 
I love my girl!
Can't wait to take you all along with us on this ride...


I sure hope you all are having an amazing Friday and look forward to sharing our weekend with you next week! 

Love, love, love you! 


P.S. Did you peep that "OMG Shoes" framed print? Who else wants one of those? #handraised

XO,

2 comments:

I just love hearing from you!